Event design is the crucial first stage in bringing to life the concept of a wedding or special occasion. While there may be lots of ideas put forward by those involved in planning the event, it is the job of the event designer to understand and listen to what a client wants and synthesise those ideas into designing an event to remember.
The 10 typical event design duties for weddings and special occasions are:
- Listening to ideas and using those ideas to create a broad-brush plan
- Creating design concepts
- Creation of detailed floor plans sourcing special pops and equipment
- Overseeing the overall decor and managing budgets for the event
- Creating decorative centrepieces for tables,
- Managing the design of special effects, and lighting equipment
- Arranging the design and printing of stationery for invitations
- Providing fabrics for curtains and tablecloths.
- Attending site visits to help with visualising the event, devise layouts and identify any potential problems with the proposed venues.
- Ensure all of the decorative elements are in place at the venue
Event designers should always begin an event design project by interviewing clients to determine their design goals and what makes the perfect event for them. The Event designer’s job is not to impose their own tastes but to look at the event from the perspective of the client.
Some clients will be very specific about what they want, while others will tend to leave all the decisions up to professional event designers. The reasons for this can often be down to the client preferring to leave the event design work to the professionals due to the level of work involved in planning and organising.
As anyone who has been involved in planning a wedding knows, taking care of all the details can take months of time and effort which most people don’t have time for if they live busy lives.
Our event design team will always bring a unique vision to events and we love to blend tradition and innovation to ensure the client’s event is completely individual from start to finish. We work with clients to create the overall look, feel, and style of the event and take every detail into account even the most minor.
Our event design team will create an overall theme and atmosphere which often includes:
- Creative table settings,
- Gourmet menus
- breath-taking floral arrangements,
- table design mock-ups
- full design presentations involving many hours of preparation
- bespoke marquee
- stage design
- custom-made dance floors and bars
- unique furniture
- specialist lighting.
- Plus all manner of gorgeous decorations that will elevate the occasion to the next level.
We always work closely with our clients to provide a service that matches their every need, as well as their budget, to ensure that their event is perfect from start to finish.
If you are looking for an events design for your event look no further than Grace Kennedy Events – a luxury event and wedding planning company based in Mayfair London specialising in high-end weddings and special events worldwide.